Linking up with Kelly today to share some randoms, like I do. 🙂
- This really needs to be quick because I should be working on Gus’ stocking. I wish I could say it’s a labor of love… It’s a doozy!
- It’s been really mild here, considering it’s the first week of December! Ordinarily I would be a little sad about this, wishing for a white Christmas and all. But no, this year I’m dreaming of a balmy Christmas and a mild winter, just like the one before Sara was born. I’m totally suffering from ptsd after last winter!
- Apart from worries about our roof and gutters surviving another winter like last year’s, I’m worried about the winter because we’ve discovered that outside time is vital for Gus’ happiness. Gus is like a little puppy; his daily needs are cuddles and attention, chow time, and outside time. He is the best version of himself when he’s outside throwing and kicking and hitting things with sticks. But when he’s been stuck inside too much, watch out!
- Does anyone else find Trader Joe’s Holiday Fearless Flyer to be a near occasion of gluttony? Just me? I just need to give TJ’s all my money, that’s what this is coming to. My recent favorite purchases have been gingerbread coffee and their sea salt and turbinado sugar dark chocolate almonds.
- I picked up some great Christmas books at the library yesterday! One I ordered specially, Christmas in the Barn by Margaret Wise Brown, with illustrations by Barbara Cooney. I LOVE Barbara Cooney’s illustrations, and sadly this version of the book with Cooney illustrations is out of print, so I was happy to find it in the library system! I also picked up a sweet book about St. Nicholas, since St. Nicholas day is coming up. It’s called The Gift of St. Nicholas by Dorothea Lachner.
- I’m planning on doing a little purging this weekend to make room for presents and such. (When am I not planning on purging? Sigh…) Still, this Verily article hit a nerve. I always feel a little guilty when I purge, especially my wardrobe. I know it’s a luxury to be able to part with excess and/or replace something I don’t really like. I need to be a better steward of the things I already have and think twice before buying frivolously.
- Oh! And Thanksgiving! It happened, and it was lovely! We went to my mom’s house as usual and it was lovely as usual. She’s been hosting Thanksgiving for the extended family every year (with a break for the year Jim was born) since 1987? 88? One of those late 80s. That’s a long time! She’s a pro! Of course I took almost no pictures, but here are some random pictures that kind of give you a taste of McFamily-ness.
Happy weekend, everyone!