Here’s hoping that hopping on the 7 Quick Takes train will help me out of my blogging rut!
1. I’ve started and thrown out several posts over the past few weeks. I lost my groove! First I tried to write about my quest for cute summer sandals, but the quest came to an abrupt end when I succumbed to the siren call of Target’s shoe department.
They’re cute, I like them. I just always do this. I cave for the cheapest, easiest buy because the nicer, better made and probably more comfortable pair is so much more expensive! No doubt I will pine over this pair for the rest of the summer. But I made my choice. (Aren’t you glad I saved you all from a post full of this nonsense?)
2. I thought about and even started writing a What I Wore Sunday post about how more often than not, my Mass outfits are not nursing friendly
because I’m a heartless mom because Sundays are the only days that I have an excuse to get dressed up nicely and it’s only for an hour, so I don’t see what the big deal is. And then I decided that, indeed, it is not a big deal, so I trashed that post!
3. I guess I’m having a bit of a blogging existential crisis.
4. Last week was Dave’s birthday, and I made him this cheesecake.
I don’t know which good deed earned me best wife award: making the cake or selflessly leaving the last piece for him. Anyway, I dun good.
5. The month of May so far has been positively magical. The garden is thriving, my lilacs are starting to bloom and we’re all beginning to shed our pale ghostly gray complexions and don our summer glows.
Or, in my case, my first sunspots on my forehead. Hello sunspots, you go well with my prescription sunglasses and forehead creases. 😉
6. This month I set a fitness goal for myself: run 40 miles in the month of May. I got my 10 miles done in this first week, so I’m feeling optimistic that I can hit my 40 mile goal. I’d been plateauing a bit with running because my hamstrings have been killing me. I think my lower back is a mess in general and that’s making my hamstrings tight, but I also have never been the best at stretching, so this week I really focused on stretching after running. I also started drinking coconut water again, since it helped my leg cramps and soreness significantly at the end of my pregnancy last year. Anyway, if any of you seasoned runners/fit people have any tips about stretches, etc., please let me know! I’m a complete hack at this running thing.
7. What I really need to do is set some housekeeping goals for myself! Gus is almost a year old, which means I don’t really have an excuse any more, huh? I mean, I figured once Gus was sleeping through the night, then I could really get my rear in gear and tackle more than the basics. Are you laughing yet? Have you figured out the punchline? Gus isn’t sleeping through the night. And the rare nights he does sleep all night, Sara wakes up screaming about losing Minnie or her blankets. As Jenny brilliantly wrote last week, when it comes to sleep training, there are no victors. Har har.
Anyway, don’t pity me, I’m not dying from lack of sleep. But I might die from lack of dusting in my bedroom. Oy! I finally deep cleaned my bedroom this morning and it. was. shameful. No more! Once a month (hey, maybe the Saturday that I go to confession since I actually have stuck to that New Year’s resolution!) I need to dust and swiffer the bedrooms. No more neglecting the upstairs since nobody sees it. As the internet is my witness, the dustbunnies will never get that bad again!
Happy Mother’s Day weekend, everyone! And don’t forget to click back to Kelly’s place for more Quick Takes!