Is it blasphemy to combine these two great link-ups? I guess I’ll find out!
1. We got our tree last Saturday so we’ve been enjoying our Christmas tree honeymoon. We made the switch from colored to white light lights, and I have to admit I’ve been loving every minute of it!
2. We always go to the same little farm to get our tree, Pakeen Farm. It’s a sweet, family run place, and they have the most delicious hot mini cider donuts and hot cocoa! Sara had fun running around all the trees, saying hi to the light up Santa and (not pictured) partaking in her most recent favorite pastime (and my least favorite of all time) of checking out the bathroom!
5. Poor SK. She dropped an unopened Costco jar of peanut butter on her toe yesterday. We ended up at the doctor’s office because they wanted to check and see if it was broken. So it was a day of some firsts for SK: first real bloody incident (she didn’t know it was called blood so she kept on saying “It’s red Mommy! There’s more red!”) and first x-ray (calling it a silly robot taking pictures of her foot seemed to make it less scary). But in the end, it was not broken and she got a special viewing of Frosty the Snowman when she got home, so not too shabby!
6. I’ve started the Christmas baking and treat making over here. It’s great, and I’m excited to deliver plates and tins of goodies to my neighbors and friends, and I love sneaking bites here and there and freezing some for us for later… but I’m really trying personally not to overdo it this year because I’ve made a New Year resolution. Well, a first 20ish days of January resolution. I’m going to do a sugar detox before my 30th birthday at the end of January. Sugar and I, we’re tight. Too tight. Its time for me to grow up a put a little space between me and this toxic friend. We’ll reunite for my birthday, but I want to have a healthy reunion. I want to be able to have my slice of birthday cake and enjoy it and not feel controlled by it. Anyhoo, that’s the plan. We’ll see how it works out in real life!
7. I’m sure everyone has plans for a busy weekend, huh? I think we’re doing the customary running hither and thither pulling together all the lose ends. We’ll be staying here for Christmas and we have a wedding to attend on New Years Eve, where we’ll see some of my family members as well. I hope you all have a blessed 4th week of Advent and joyous Christmas feast!
~Linking up with Kelly of This Ain’t the Lyceum for 7 Quick Takes and Like Mother Like Daughter for Pretty Happy Funny Real.~