1. Today we’re having a lazy, at-home day after a couple days of crazy.
2. Today Gus is back to his old self after a scary high fever on Wednesday that sent us to the doctor. We went to the doctor again yesterday because it was his 4 month check-up anyway. Gus is off the charts for height, having grown 4 inches since September. And he weighs a whopping 17 pounds 9 ounces!
3. Today SK and I tried a new chocolate chip cookie recipe. So far so great!
5. Today I’m still in my workout clothes and unshowered. I foresee a naptime shower and maybe(!) a very much needed pedicure afterwards. Fingers crossed!
6. Today I’m angsting as I tend to do, this time about the future. I love these at-home days. I love that Sara can play outside or inside independently, just being creative and no one rushing her. I’m worried that when school starts in a few years, life is going to be crazy and these peaceful days will be no more. I wonder whether I should homeschool, but then I worry that my tendency to be laid back would get the better of me. Either option requires a lot of growth and discipline from me, and honestly, that’s probably where most of this anxiety is coming from. I fear that I don’t have it in me to have school-aged children.
There’s no right answer, I just have to keep praying about it and be open to all the options. Good thing I have a few years!
7. Today, obviously, I’m blogging! This is sounds so smugly cliche (much like the whole”today”theme of this post), but life is just really full lately. I’m not over-committed, but I just feel like I have my hands full with the house and our activities and these two. I don’t want to give up on the blog all together, but I clearly can’t keep up. I guess I’ll just pop in from time to time when I have some time and some working brain cells.
And look! Seven things! Linking up with
Jen Kelly at This Ain’t the Lyceum for 7 quick takes today. 🙂