1. Dave may or may not have gone to Costco all by his lonesome and came back with gallons of booze and 72 Eggo Waffles. Breakfast &/or Happy Hour at the Johnson house!
2. We took a trip to the zoo!
3. Our bathroom finally got a fan. Dave just decided on Wednesday that it was going to happen so he started to cut holes in the bathroom ceiling and in the exterior of the house. No really, that’s how these projects start. Don’t get me wrong, I love Dave’s git er done personality, but I don’t like the 150 year old horsehair plaster all over the place.
4. Dave has let me sleep in every day for the past 7 days. I might have a nervous breakdown come Monday morning.
5. He finally convinced me to watch Breaking Bad with him (this is his second time around). I’m mostly disturbed but a little bit hooked.
6. We finally got to the beach! In September! On the hottest day ever! Dave captured my resting witch face when I asked him to get a picture. He got a better one after that, though.
[We took Sara to the beach for the first time when she was 4 months old and we both remember it being SO STRESSFUL. Clearly, this time around we’re pros. Gus basically sat around in his diaper and got really sandy and we all had a great time.]
7. As if it wasn’t already established, Dave has firmly cemented his status as everyone’s favorite parent and spouse. He needs to take weeks off more often. 😉
For more quick takes, clicky-click back to Conversion Diary. Happy Friday!
PS Dave also worked on the comments issues we’ve been having here on McSisters and we think it’s all fixed now. Please let us know if there continues to be more issues!
I probably shouldn’t be making lofty goals for myself right now, considering life with a 2 month old and a 2 year old. There’s a lot of stuff I need/would like to get done around here and it’s just not going to happen any time soon. Like, I never got to purging and organizing my attic. Like my washing machine needs a washing. Apparently, that’s a thing. More urgently, my floors need mopping, our children’s book situation is out of control and these kids are growing out of all their clothes! The thing is, I can’t even get to the more urgent needs because the daily, basic needs are the most important and I’m just starting to stay on top of those.
I was thinking of all this today and mildly stressing about how much is not getting done around here as I unloaded last night’s dishes while making dinner. And then it hit me! Why don’t I just aim to do a couple of simple things every day. Simple things that might help me to get to the bigger things? So here they are, my two housekeeping goals for September:
1. Make our bed first thing in the morning.
2. Unload the dishwasher before I pour my morning coffee.
If I can manage to do these two simple things every day, it could open up a world of opportunities for tackling more to-do’s. Or, more likely, it’ll just be 2 things I get to that I haven’t been good about in a long time. But by the end of the month, I will have worked on these 2 simple goals and hopefully they will become habits. And hopefully I will be able to make a couple of new goals next month. 🙂
Do any of you have any goals that you’re working on?