I’m pushing against this postpartum quicksand feeling today and actually getting a post up, by golly! I thought I’d do a combination of a Quick Takes post and a reasons to smile post, which is a happy challenge posed by my friend Annemarie earlier this week. So, here goes!
1. Our garden is in full harvest mode, and it’s helping us to be not so unhealthy in this survival season of life. So, while we’ve been eating a lot of freezer food lately, we have fresh tomatoes, green beans and squash to go along with it.
2. And speaking of farmer Dave, not only has he been busy growing veggies and helping me stay sane in the evenings and on weekends, but he also landed an awesome new job this summer. I’m so proud of him and grateful for all his hard work for our family. Also, on the days when I get around to pumping, he takes the first feeding at night. What would I do without this man?
3.This little girl is growing in leaps and bounds every day.
She has so much to say lately, and it’s so adorable. The other day, SK woke up from her nap in a grumpy mood so we cuddled on the couch with some milk and some Curious George. Gus woke up a little while later and he was in a bad mood too, and Sara said “It’s sad, Mommy! Why Baby Gus sad?” and I said he was just grumpy after nap and sometimes she feels grumpy after nap too, right? Sara looked at me solemnly and said “No, I just happy atter nap.”
SK found a faint sliver of the moon outside and said “Wook ower dere! It’s da moon! It wook wike a bana (banana), yum!”
5. My friends and I are doing a preschool co-op this year, and we just had a planning meeting last night. Part of me is a little stressed because I’m the teacher. But I think I’m stressed because my experience with teaching preschool was in a professional setting. This is just friends, and we’re all there to help one another. There are no parent teacher conferences or difficult bosses to please, just a bunch of moms dipping our toes into cooperative at-home learning. I am enjoying flexing my preschool muscles again. It’s going to be a good year!
6. And speaking of muscles, I’ve started exercising again! I started doing my maternity barre dvd again and I’ve gotten out of the house for a few jogs since last week. I really missed running. My first run went well and I felt like a rockstar, but I’m pretty sure there was a lot of this going on:
Basically, my baby pooch kinda irritated my incision scar; I was wishing the whole time that my compression leggings had more compression! So on my second run, I wore spanx. (Underneath my running clothes, sheesh!) So. Much. Better. That’s right, folks, I run in spanx and I ain’t ashamed.
7. And this definitely random crazy and weird, but it’s been making me chuckle all week. O Fortuna Misheard Lyrics.