Hey all, don’t mind me, I’m just jumping in on the linky fun over at Jen’s place again 😉
1. If you feel like you need a big dose of humility, I suggest doing Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred DVD. I’ve been doing it for, oh, 60 days now and while I feel healthier and leaner, I’m pretty sure any fat I’ve lost has been replaced by muscle. So weight loss? Not so much. Of course, I don’t know for sure whether I’ve lost weight or not, since Dave is still hiding the scale!
2. But where does the humility come in Ellen? That first take sounded a lot like a humble-brag. Well, I’ll tell you. It’s when you move on to level 3 after doing level 2 for a month. Yes, you know it’ll be harder, but what you don’t know is that it’ll make you whimper and moan and finally scream in pain. All the jumping and planking will make you wish you were wearing depends (if you know what I mean). And, in the middle of the workout, you will make a desperate lunge for your glass of water, à la Marco Rubio, thus spilling water all over your living room, and splashing your baby who was peacefully bouncing in her Johnny Jumper but who is now screaming with fright and alarm at her crazed, sweaty, moaning, wet-pants mama.
3. Poor SK. She’s so patient with her Mommy’s shenanigans. She’s getting to be such a big girl. I’ve had to start putting shoes on her when we go out, because she’s just too big for it to be socially acceptable to leave the house with just socks on (oh what would Suri say??). She looks like such a big girl in her shoes though. It kinda breaks my heart. She’s almost a toddler!
4. Will you all indulge me with another take about my pwecious wittle babykins? Ahem. So, Sara Kate finally is growing some hair(s) and this week I thought it was high time this girlie had her first little piggie tail.
5. Our favorite homegirl, Simcha, has been on fire this week. Did you read her NCR post from Thursday about parenting? Your really must. It’s amazing. She completely and eloquently explains why I’m not a fan of trendy parenting practices, while at the same time completely and eloquently laying the smackdown on my pride about being anti-trend. One day, SK or potential future other Johnson children might really need me to swallow my pride and try techniques that right now, I am very much against.
“Good parents are the ones who try as hard as they can to do what seems right to them, but still allow themselves to say, “This just isn’t working. Let’s try something else.”‘
Wow. It’s all about humility, isn’t it? Read the rest here.
6. Also in the world of blogging, one of my favorite “I want her life” bloggers’ Notting Hill apartment was featured on Apartment Therapy this week. I loved how Lauren shared her designer friend’s advice about decorating with meaningful items that you love, not expensive trendy pieces. I also loved how they had to decorate with and around furniture that came with the apartment. They just did the best with what they had and made it theirs. So practical!
7. Oh, and speaking of so practical and so new on the McBlog this week, Rose finally blogged about some of her biggest Pinterest successes! Check it out! Rose is pretty durn talented. We all wish we had as much talent as she has in her pinky toe.
Head on back to Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes and Happy Friday!!